ANDREW M. GORDON
- Project Director, CIDA Tier 1, "Agroforestry Practices to Enhance the Livelihoods of the Resource-Poor in Ghana"
- Canadian Institute of Forestry
- Soil Science Society of America
- Ontario Professional Foresters Association
- Association for Temperate Agroforestry
- International Union of Forest Research Organizations
- Ontario Forestry Association
- Ontario Centres of Excellence-E-Tech
- International Energy Agency, Task 30: Short Rotation Crops
- International Society of Ecological Modeling
- Canadian Society for Ecology and Evolution
Ecological interactions in forest, riparian and agroforest ecosystems. Carbon dynamics, nutrient cycling, ecological modelling.
Reynolds, P.E., J.A. Simpson, N.V. Thevathasan and A.M. Gordon. 2007.
- Effects of tree competition on corn and soybean photosynthesis, growth and yield in a temperate tree-based agroforestry intercropping system in southern Ontario, Canada. Ecol. Engineer. 29: 362-371.
Starr, M., L. Ukonmaanaho, P.K. Sibley, P.W. Hazlett and A.M. Gordon. 2007.
- Deposition in boreal forests in relation to type, size number and placement of collectors. Environ. Monitor. Assess. 125: 123-136.
Hazlett, P.W., A.M. Gordon, R.P. Voroney and P.K. Sibley. 2007.
- Impact of harvesting and logging slash on nitrogen and carbon dynamics in soils from upland spruce forests in northeastern Ontario. Soil Biol. Biochem. 39: 43-57.
Oelbermann, M., R.P. Voroney, N.V. Thevathasan, A.M. Gordon, D.C.L. Kass and A.M. Schlonvoigt. 2006.
- Soil carbon dynamics and residue stabilization in a Costa Rican and southern Canadian alley cropping system. Agroforestry Systems 68: 27-36.
Peichl, M., N.V. Thevathasan, A.M. Gordon J. Huss and R.A. Abohassan. 2006.
- Carbon sequestration potentials in temperate tree-based intercropping systems, southern Ontario, Canada. Agroforestry Systems 66: 243-257.
Hazlett, P.W., A.M. Gordon, P.K. Sibley and J.M. Buttle. 2005.
- Stand carbon stocks and soil carbon and nitrogen storage for riparian and upland forests of boreal lakes in northeastern Ontario. For. Ecol. Mgmt. 219: 56-68.
Thevathasan, N.V. and A.M. Gordon. 2004.
Ecology of tree intercropping systems in the North temperate region: Experiences from southern Ontario, Canada. Agrofor. Syst. 61: 257-268.
Hunt, S.L., A.M. Gordon, D.M. Morris and G.T. Marek. 2003.
Understory vegetation in northern Ontario jack pine and black spruce plantations: 20-year successional changes. Can. J. For. Res. 33: 1791-1803.
Gordon, A.M., D.M. Morris and A.G. Gordon. 2001.
- Ecological considerations in forest regeneration and management. p. 63-90. In: Wagner, R.G. and S.J. Colombo (eds.). Regenerating the Canadian Forest: Principles and Practice for Ontario, Fitzhenry and Whiteside, Markham, Ontario.
ENVB*2030 Current Issues in Forest Science (F)1 ('06)
ENVB*4400 Forest Systems Field Camp (F) (beginning '08)
ENVB*4780 Forest Ecology (F)1
ENVB*6560 Forest Ecosystem Dynamics (F)
1can be accessed at: http://www.uoguelph.ca/~agordon
Manager, Agroforestry Research and Development
- Naresh Thevathasan firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to return to the Environmental Biology Faculty Page.